- London Map
- How to Plan a Trip to London: Before You Go
- London Visitor Guide: What to Do During Your London Trip
- Top 5 Things to do in London
- Suggested London Trip Itineraries
- Hidden London – London Off the Beaten Path
- How to See the Best of London for Free
- Where to Eat in London
- Where to Drink in London
- Day Trips from London
- London Travel Guide: Basic Tips and Tricks for Making the Most of Your Stay
- London Travel Blog: More Tips
Alternatively, you can save this London tourist map, which has all of the main sights and attractions from my London guide saved onto it. Simply save on Google Maps, offline and go.
How to Plan a Trip to London: Before You Go
The Narcissus Hall ©Leighton House Museum, RBKC. Image courtesy of Will Pryce
Pubs, secret bars, exuberant clubs – London’s drinking scene is well and truly alive. You can barely walk a few places without coming across somewhere to whet your whistle – but not all of them are worthy of your time. Avoid the chain pubs and bars and go for something a little more interesting.
- Upstairs at Rules – The bar upstairs from London’s oldest restaurant is a passage back in time, complete with classic cocktails and a member’s club feel. The striking winter terrace is one of my favourite places to drink in the city.
- Oriole – Little sister to the world-famous Nightjar (included on many a list of the best bars in the world), Oriole is an exercise in fin-de-siecle decadence and the cocktails are to die for.
- Ye Olde Mitre – Said to be the most difficult-to-find-pub in the city, Ye Olde Mitre dates back to the 16th century.
Day Trips from London
There’s much more to the UK than London – and if you have time, you should go and explore. Here are a few ideas:
- Oxford – The beautiful university city is an easy one hour train ride from London Paddington. Climb the tower of the Church of St Marys to see the city of dreaming spires in all its glory.
- Cambridge – Smaller than Oxford (some also say prettier but I beg to differ), Cambridge is also an easy day trip from London thanks to frequent trains and tours.
- The Cotswolds – If you conjure up a picture of a bucolic English village, chances are it’s going to look exactly like those in The Cotswolds. Take a tour or hire a car to see them all at their best.
Read More: 20 Unmissable Day Trips from London
In need of more London day trip inspiration?
London Travel Guide: Basic Tips and Tricks for Making the Most of Your Stay
Tips for Travelling to London
- Pick up an Oyster Card – Paying for London’s Transport with an Oyster Card (or contactless card but watch out for international bank charges) is an easy and cheap way to get around town.
- The London Pass – Consider buying a London Pass if you’re planning to visit many of the city’s attractions – it’s expensive but will work out as a cost-effective option if you go to more than a few paid attractions.
- Download Citymapper App – Citymapper is the best app for helping you navigate London’s complex transportation system, and will tell you the fastest way to get from A to B.
Tipping In London
London doesn’t have a big tipping culture – tips are around 10-15% (though more is always appreciated) and you’re perfectly entitled not to tip if the service has been bad. A service charge of 12.5% is often added to the bill in many bars and restaurants.
Read More: Tipping in London – A Complete Guide
The Ultimate London Bucket List - 150+ Unmissable Things to do in London
Cool things to do in London.
One Day in London: The Best Way to See London in a Day
The perfect one day London itinerary
30 Free Things to do in London - Cool, Quirky and Totally FREE London Attractions
Fabulous things to do in London for free.
The Best Places to Eat in London: An Insider’s Food Guide
Where to eat in London - 12 brilliant food hotspots.
Secret Bars in London
Drink your way around the best secret bars in London with this indispensable guide.
The Best Time to Visit London - An Insider’s Guide
Plan your trip to London with this step by step guide.
Interactive London Tourist Map - the City's Biggest Sightseeing Attractions (+ Free Printable)
The only map you'll need - complete with a downloadable Google Map.
London Packing List: What to Pack for Your London Trip
Packing for London = sorted.
Where to Stay in London + Best Areas to Stay in London - The 2019 Guide
A neighbourhood guide to the best areas to stay in London.
Sightseeing in London: 39 Top London Attractions and Tips for Exploring Them
Top sights for your London trip.
London Travel Tips: 40 Ridiculously Useful Tips for Travelling to London (Written by a Local)
40 insider tips - things you should know before you travel to London.
London Travel Blog: More Tips
More London tips from the blog.
- 55 Weird and Wonderful Facts about London
- London’s Biggest Attractions – 30+ Of the City’s Biggest Sights
- Solo Travel in London – Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
- Exploring London After Dark: Cool Things to do in London at Night
Any questions or suggestions for this free London travel guide? Drop me a comment below.
Love this London Travel Guide? Save for later and share on Pinterest!
Simply hover over any of the images to save it for later. Or follow my London Tips and Guides board for more London inspiration.